1. Your Privacy - Our Commitment
At Auto Fix, we are extremely proud of our commitment to protect your privacy and the personal information you disclose on the Site. We value your trust in us. We will work hard to earn your confidence so that you can enthusiastically use our services and recommend us to friends and family. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of our Site.
2. Auto Fix Privacy Guarantee
Auto Fix promises that we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. From time to time we may reveal general statistical information about our Site and visitors, such as number of visitors, number and type of goods and services purchased, etc. Your trust and confidence are our highest priority.
3. Information we collect
When you use our Site, we collect and store your personal information provided by you. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Site to make your experience safer and easier. Importantly, we only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose. In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a "cookie". Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
If you choose to buy or sell cars using the Site then we collect information about your buying and selling behavior. We also collect other users' comments about you in our feedback area. If you choose to post messages on our forum or leave feedback for other users, we will collect that information. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
4. Our use of your information
We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe trading; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in the services provided by us, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our User Agreement; sharing in the course of classified listings with prospective buyers/sellers (including dealers involved in buying and selling) as the case may be; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
5. Our disclosure of your information
We may also use your information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as new services and promotions. The following are examples of some categories of persons to whom we would share your information with from time-to-time.
- When a user lists a classified advertisement, and the advertisement receives an expression of interest by the interested user, the interested user will be provided the contact information of the user listing the advertisement as provided in that user's registration forms.
- When a user expresses an interest in a classified advertisement, the user who has listed the advertisement will be provided the contact information of the interested user as provided in the interested user's registration form.
Cars and Services offered on the Site are by third parties
Internal Service Providers
6. Other Corporate Entities
7. Legal Requests
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the community from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, search history, fraud complaints, and car search or car listing history without a summon. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; or report suspected illegal activity. Further, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email, and company name to intellectual property rights owners under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity.
8. Your Obligations
You agree, undertake and confirm that while providing your information on the Site you will not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:-
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another privacy hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever.
- harm minor in any way.
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights.
- violates any law for the time being in force.
- Deceives or misleads the Site and or existing and new users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature.
- impersonates any other person.
- contains software viruses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of UAE, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Your use of other users' information
In order to facilitate interaction among all Auto Fix community members, our Site might allow you to access other users' contact information. Further, as a seller you will be sent via email the personal details like email, address and other information of the buyer(s), and as a buyer you will be sent via email the personal details like email, address and other information of the seller(s). By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other user's personally identifiable information that you obtain through the Site or through a Auto Fix related communication or Auto Fix facilitated transaction, Auto Fix hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for:
- Auto Fix related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages,
- using co-branded services offered through Auto Fix, and
- any other purpose that such user expressly opts into after adequate disclosure of the purpose(s).In all cases, you must give users an opportunity to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them In addition, under no circumstances, except as defined in this Section, can you disclose personally identifiable information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other user after adequate disclosure.
9. Your consent